Friday, June 29, 2012

Communication on the road

A benefit of traveling in the US is that you can still stay connected and provide great trip reports, get great maps, and find out what's nearby!

Being a computer guy I've brought some tech:
  • Camera 
  • Phone (Android Galaxy NEXUS) 
  • 3 video camers (2 keychain and one helmet 
  • An old Dell Inspiron 700m laptop, with an inverter to run it off of my bike

This is mostly for play, but there's also some work involved, since I promised my clients I'd be connected for the month that I am gone.


My plan is to purchase a T-Mobile pay-as-you-go SIM for $3 a day, which gives you unlimited voice, data, and SMS. Since I am assigned some strange T-Mobile number, I'm using my VoIP phone number through Callcentric to let me receive calls from a 514 number, so I don't have to tell all of my friends and clients my new phone number! It's kind of like Google Voice, except Google Voice is not available to Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment