Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Chipmunks in the store!

Forgot to mention a fun thing I encountered yesterday.

I was half-enthralled with the great selection of headlamps that Zeller's offers when I see some motion to the left of me. A small four-legged fuzzy thing dashed across the floor and bounded up onto the lower aisle shelf between the wash mitts.

"What the hell was THAT?!"

At first I was disgusted, I thought for sure it was a mouse. But it was larger, and brown colored.

It was a chipmunk I realized, from the curled tail and black and white stripes down the back.

Just then a store clerk dashed around the corner with a broom in his hand, a young kid of maybe 17.

I told him he had a problem.

He said, " Yeah, that's the last of them, they've been living in here for quite awhile, we trapped the rest, and he's the last one."

I can't tell you what a kick I got out of this. Unfortunately I couldn't get my video keychain out in time.

Poor little guy, his family is all gone and he's just survivin', in luxury I guess. There was a whole pet food aisle I'm sure he's discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment