Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Madison is a pretty place

Last night I stayed in Madison via a last minute Couchsurfing.org host offer. Allison is a sweet girl with beliefs very much in line with mine. Imagine my delight when not only had she heard of Montréal but she was in love with the city! Her brother is going to McGill soon, and she told me a great story about Igloofest. It feels great to have someone understand how great Montréal can be!

She was very curious about how easy or difficult it would be to move there for work. I'm pretty sure that if you have a degree, and a job offer, it's painless to move. I think she'd really like it.

In addition, I got a reply from a girl host in Madison who couldn't host me, due to already having a couchsurfer that night, who was a Torontonian! We all met up for drinks, then dinner at the Weary Traveler. This place is pretty unique because everything is local farm sourced, they even mention the farm name for the chicken used.

Madison is a unique place in Wisconsin, an island of sensibility, progressiveness, and liberality in an otherwise midwestern-minded state.

On my way to Madison I took some pics:
Love this place, it's in Rochester!
First helmet pic

My favorite birds, swallows


And the capital is beautiful, the dome is only slightly smaller than the Capital Building in Washington, D.C.


Today my goal is to see a thing called Dr. Evermore's Forevertron, and swim at the beach off of the University of Wisconsin Terrace, shown below:

The Forevertron is the largest scrap metal sculpture in the world, so Dr. Evermore says. He may be biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment